Friday, March 26, 2010

Towards the Camera


11"x 14"
Oil on Canvas
$200

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

I have several projects that I am in the middle of working on, but something about today called for something new. Maybe it was the beautiful blue sky, or the sunshine, or the fact that it is Friday, but I needed to start something fresh-and to finish it. To do something fun, just for me, that had no expectations attached to it. I love this photo of my grandmother and my aunt. It is so casual and spur-of-the-moment, and I think that just ads to how lovely it is. I was concerned when I first started that I had chosen the most obnoxious shade of yellow imaginable for the background, but now that it is done I like the lightness and energy it gives the piece.




ShareThis

Posted by Picasa

No comments: