Friday, March 5, 2010

The Joy of Life


8"x 10"
Oil on Canvas
$150

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

I started this piece last week, and decided today was a great day to finish it. It is from a photo of my sweet mom when she was a little girl. I just love the look of joy on her face as she is standing out in the yard. Who knows what she was in the middle of doing when someone called her name and snapped this picture.

And, on a totally different note, you should all head over to my friend and artist Kyle Buttram's new blog, Famsterville. Kyle posts one of her creations daily, and if you are the first to correctly guess where the photo was taken, you can win prizes, including your very own Famster! Below is my prize, Famster Frank, hanging out with me in the studio!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: