Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunshine, Progress, and Changes!

I have so much to write about today that this may be an extremely long post, but I have so much news to share. First, I hope you noticed my fabulous new blog header. It was designed by D at The Photo Spot. Be sure to check out her Etsy store to see many more of her fabulous designs. And speaking of Etsy shops, D designed a beautiful new banner for my shop as well, and I will soon be launching a line of small mixed media pieces only available in my Etsy store. More on that in the coming week!


Today was such a beautiful and sunny day that this morning I decided to set my easel up outside the studio and paint in the lovely spring-like weather. I loved chatting with all the folks who stopped by to watch! As you can see, I did some more work today on the painting of my Grandparents on top of the Empire State Building.
I spent a lot of time working on the buildings in the background. I wanted the background elements to be readily identifiable, without painting in every little building and every window. I love how you can tell that it is a skyline, and yet it is still fairly abstract. I also started working on some of the clothing details, as you can see in my Grandfather's uniform.

Finally, for those of you who have been readers of my vintage blog, you may have noticed that I haven't posted there for quite a while. I recently reached the point where keeping up both blogs was too much. However, I don't want to give up sharing all my vintage inspirations with all of you. So, I will periodically be sharing some of my vintage finds on this blog, as it will help demonstrate where I get some of my ideas and inspirations for my paintings. I will start off today by sharing with you a link to a great article about female fighter pilots during WWII. I love these women, and I am so happy they are finally getting the recognition they deserve!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the new header and the shop banner!

Emily Clarke said...

Thanks Sharon!