Thursday, March 18, 2010

To see her smile


I've been working on filling in the details on my Empire State Building picture. Yesterday I spent most of my time working on the figure of my grandmother- putting detail in her clothing and hair, adjusting her facial features. I am very happy with the likeness. I am very fortunate to have known all of my grandparents for a good portion of my life. This grandmother passed away when I was in high school. But I wish there was a way I could have known her in this moment- a young woman in New York, clutching her guidebooks and going to to top of the Empire State Building with her sweetheart. We don't think about the people we love having a life before us. I love getting these little glimpses into my family before I was a part of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: