Monday, January 30, 2012

Fun February is here!

Perhaps not everyone will agree with me, but February is a pretty dull month. Sure, there's Valentine's Day, but for much of the population, it is just another day to sit around and eat copious amounts of chocolate. And there is my mother's birthday (love you mom!), but I am guessing that most of you aren't nearly as excited about that as we are. It's just a cold, dreary month, a long way from summer.

So, a few years ago, my sister came up with the idea of "Fun February." If February isn't going to be good on its own, we will have to give it a hand.

In honor of Fun February 2012, here are the super fun goings on at Emily Clarke Studio!

This Friday, February 3, 6-9pm: Art Trade!
     I have a ton of art in the studio, including a lot of little pieces from my painting-a-day project from a couple of years ago. This Friday only, I am willing to make a trade for much of the art in the studio.

      What can you trade, you ask? Have a book, art supply, or collectable item you think I might like? Trade it for a piece of art you like.

     Provide a service like hair cutting, massages, website maintenance, advertising, etc? Bring it on.

     Are you interested in one of my newest paintings? I will be happy to trade any shiny new piece for your old wrinkly money. (Although I will be willing to deal.)

 (And, drop in to O-Cha tea bar next door between 8-9pm to hear my friend Alex Simpson play!)

Saturday, February 4, 12pm-4pm: Stick-people workshop
     I hear people tell me all the time that they "can't even draw a stick person." Well, it is time to remedy that.

     This Saturday, drop in anytime between noon and 4pm and I will be happy to teach you to draw the best stick people around. Amaze your friends! Dominate at Pictionary! You won't be sorry!
   
     $5 gets you a pen, paper, and the best stick person drawing instruction money can buy. What a deal!

Saturday, February 11, 12pm-4pm: Paper-doll workshop
     I am pretty sure that you all know that paper-dolls are my new obsession. (If not, just scroll through the last 6 months or so of blog posts.) I will be doing a mother daughter paper doll workshop with the art museum in the spring, but I am currently trying to figure out the best way to teach my technique.

     On the 11th, drop in anytime between noon and 4pm, and I will be providing supplies and instructions on making your own paper-dolls. Let me know what works and what doesn't, and any questions you have. $5 gets you everything you need.

Thursday, February 16, 6:30-8:30pm: Vino and Van Gogh!
     This month, I start teaching classes at Vino & Van Gogh on Augusta Rd. Bring your friends, your favorite bottle of wine, and in 2 hours I will teach you to paint a beautiful Japanese cherry blossom tree. And, the piece is done in acrylic, so you get to take it home with you that night!

     For more information and to register, click here.

Saturday, February 25, all day
     Ok, I don't know what I am doing this day yet, but I promise it will be awesome.
ShareThis

No comments: