Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Inspiration...Tuesday?

So, "Inspiration Monday" quickly turned into "Lay on the couch in my sweatpants Monday." The pretty constant rain kept me from wanting to venture outside to the studio to use the internet, so I hope you will allow me to inspire your Tuesday instead.

A few days ago, I stumbled across Joan Dumouchel's work on another artist's blog. I had to just stop for a moment and stare at her work. Her paintings took my breath away. I don't really know much about her, aside from the fact that she is a Canadian artist, and much of her work is inspired by circus performers. She creates her paintings in acrylic and gold leaf, and although they are modern, they also have an almost Renaissance quality to them. I hope you like looking at these images as much as I do.

All images below are from the Martin Gallery in Charleston, SC.





ShareThis

No comments: