Monday, January 25, 2010

Looking Back

Exactly 3 years ago today, I sat down in my sun room to do my first daily painting. I had been stuck and unable to paint for a while prior to that day, so it was a momentous event. The past three years have seen so much change, both personally and professionally, and it is fun to take a look back and take stock of those changes.

In three years, I have gone from painting in the corner of my apartment,


To my beautiful studio space in Falls Park in downtown Greenville.



And, I have gone from painting little still lifes,



To specializing in old family photographs and 1940's and 50's images.



Things have been both good and bad, scary and exciting, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. And, I have been able to go from just sharing my pieces with my close friends and family, to sharing them with people all over the US (and a few other countries) who I have never met. Thank you to all my new fans and those who have been with me from the beginning. Here's to many more years!

No comments: