Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Deciding What to Paint"



6" x 6"
Oil on Masonite
$80

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

I never like when I have to search around for something to paint. I prefer those days when I "stumble across" the perfect subject. A couple of nights ago, though, I was at a loss for what to paint. I was staring at the paintbrush lying on my paint palette when it suddenly occurred to me- I'll paint that. I love how the background comes across as an abstract, but it was a fairly faithful representation of the arrangement of the paint on the palette.

I wanted to say thanks to those of you who not only send me comments on individual pieces, but have told me your impressions of the collection as a whole. Several people have recently remarked about the change and growth in my work since I started doing these dailies. It really is remarkable how painting everyday has changed the way I approach a piece, how I view subjects, and even how I handle a paintbrush. Thanks again for all your input!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: