Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Case Open"



6" x 6"
Oil on Masonite
$80

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

This case was my mother's art box, which she gave to me several years ago. I typically use it to carry around my little paintings to art shows. As I approach my 100th daily painting, I look back at them all and a small part of me thinks I should specialize- focus on a single type of painting, be it still life or figurative work, and a single style. But, the rest of me thinks about all the things I would miss if I were to do that. Beauty and inspiration come from so many sources. I never know from day to day what thing or place or person will strike me, or how I will choose to approach it. I am not saying that I will never focus my work in on a specific genre, and I have great admiration for those artists who do more specialized work. At this point in my painting life though, I plan to stay open to all of God's wonders, no matter what form they may take.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: