Friday, July 27, 2007

"Pair"



6" x 6"
Oil on Masonite
SOLD


My painting professor in college used to tell us to just "shut up and paint" if he thought we were thinking to much about our pieces rather than actually working on them. I think with these daily paintings, this is exactly what I am doing- painting first and thinking about it later. I guess my typical view has been that I should paint something because it is beautiful or meaningful. However, recently I believe that something can have beauty and meaning because it has been painted. Doing a painting a day forces me to paint something first and then figure out why. This also lets me paint more freely and not worry if it is "good enough" or "meaningful enough." The result is that these pieces, no matter how simple the subject, reveal more about who I truly am.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: