Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Forbidden Fruit"



6" x 6"
Oil on Masonite
SOLD


I realized the other day how infrequently I pray for God to show me the subject of my next daily painting. I often pray for the process of creating the piece, and thank Him for the ability to paint, but I rarely ask for a subject to paint. Sunday night, though, I prayed specifically that God would show me what I should paint the next day. About mid-morning on Monday, one of my co-workers came into my office and said I needed to take a picture of another co-worker's large, and beautiful pear. And, there was my answer. It is not an amazing or deeply meaningful piece of art- simply a pear sitting on a desk- but I had such joy in creating it, and such freedom from searching around for something I deemed "worthy" to paint. It just goes to show that I need to have faith that God will provide for the small decisions, as well as the large.

No comments: