Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Easy as Riding a Bike


18"x 26"
Oil on Canvas
$425

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

You know how, when you are a kid, bikes seem really difficult to draw? I remember thinking when I was younger that if someone could draw bikes or horses they were good. I don't think my attitude has changed much as an adult. When I was starting to work on this piece, my first thought was, "that bike is going to be the hard part." Hopefully, having finished it and it not being that difficult will change my thinking.

This is another beautiful photo of my grandmother. I am judging it is fall by her long sleeves and the few leaves clinging to the tree in the background. I wish I could ask her if she still had that hat, and about who wrote "some dish" on the back of the photo.

ShareThis
Posted by Picasa

No comments: