Monday, May 10, 2010

3 Musketeers


26"x 38"
Oil on Canvas
$775

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

A huge thanks to all of you who made it out to Artisphere this past weekend. It was a wonderful event with record crowds, amazing artists and performers, and gorgeous weather. I spent several lovely days sitting outside the studio, painting and talking with people.

If you came by and saw me working, here is the final product. This is from one of my favorite photos, and now it is one of my favorite paintings. The woman in the middle is my grandmother, and the others are two of her best friends from high school/college. Someone has labeled the photo with the caption "3 Musketeers." I think their hair and clothes are gorgeous, and I love the old car in the background.

I did the whole piece with a fairly large paintbrush, so it has a very loose quality to it, and I worked hard to capture the bright sunlight and deep shade.

And, many of my painting-minis will be added to my Etsy shop in the next day or so, so stay tuned.

Alright, now for a break...

ShareThis
Posted by Picasa

No comments: