Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Climb On Board"


20"x 24"
Oil on Canvas
$475

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

A big thanks to the friends, and strangers, who stopped by my demonstration on Saturday. This is the piece that I was working on. I feel like I say this a lot, but this was done from one of my favorite photos of my family. My grandmother is turning towards the camera, her dress blowing a bit in the wind, with my dad and aunt in front of her. She just looks so glamorous. In my own wardrobe, this is the look that I have been trying to replicate. This piece was fun because I painted the canvas a dark blue first and then painted in the entire thing in white. I finished by adding in a few very dark details, which I hope show up in the photograph.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: