Thursday, August 12, 2010

Under the Arbor


6"x 6"
Oil on wood panel
$55

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

The renovations are finished and the grand re-opening was a success. (A huge thanks to all of you who came out!) I gave myself several weeks to just focus on the changes to the studio and getting everything set up, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief to have it all done and to get back to painting. It feels like pushing a huge reset button on my whole business. Four weeks ago it all looked one way, but now everything is totally different, including my outlook. That is both really exciting, and a bit overwhelming as I forge ahead in new directions, heading into unmarked territory. I have several exciting new projects in the works, and a few changes coming up, so I hope you will stick with me in this exciting new chapter.

This piece is from a photo of my grandfather, but I have no idea who the woman is. But the reason I like this image is because something about it makes me think of Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan. I love how she is demurely looking down while he confronts us with his stare, standing under that arbor of flowers.

ShareThis
Posted by Picasa

No comments: