Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Consulting the Fashion Magazines


6"x 6"
Oil on wood panel
The sides are 1" thick and painted yellow
$55

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

I have been a bit MIA recently. With so much going on recently, I needed a bit of time to finish a few commissions, focus on my teaching schedule, and try to take it easy. Plus I have some fantastic news about the studio that I will be telling you about in a few days.

I love this image, but I have no idea where I got it. With the recent loss of most of the files on my computer, all I had was a print out of this girl among some of my other reference photos. I love her look- her cat-eyed glasses and sleek bob. I hope she is not searching through magazines for a new look or wishing she could be like someone else (actually, she was probably pretty stylish at this time.) But I like to think that she is a little outside the norm, looking for ways to stand out from the crowd. A little of my own story read into this image perhaps?


ShareThis
Posted by Picasa

No comments: