Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Cup of Joe


I keep mentioning the show I have coming up in January, but I haven't given many details about it. I will be exhibiting at Coffee and Crema off of Laurens Rd. here in Greenville. If you haven't been to Coffee and Crema, go check it out right now! It has a great atmosphere, not to mention really great coffee and tea. Plus, they have a huge wall for me to display on! For this show, I have decided to combine pieces from my Modern Conveniences series, with a bunch of new pieces based on coffee and beauty shop ads from the 40's and 50's. I spent most of today completing this piece. I love how skin tones look on red canvas. I layered thin coats of paint and let some of the red show through to give her a rosy complexion. I also love her slightly smirking expression.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: