Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Around the Corner"


8"x 12"
Oil on Mat board
$110

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

My phone rang very early this morning (wrong number), and I wasn't able to go back to sleep. So, after a couple hours of reading and a leisurely breakfast, I bundled up in my warmest clothes and ventured into downtown Greenville to find a few new subjects to paint. Greenville is a very beautiful city, and has quite a few scenic and familiar landmarks. But I was not in search of the familiar sites. I was looking for the faded, broken, and well used, but still beautiful spots. I found quite a few of these faded signs painted on the sides of brick buildings, some I knew were there and some that I just discovered this morning. I am extremely grateful to that wrong number for giving me a great start to my day and allowing me to discover new things about my city.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: