Monday, October 20, 2008

"Holding His Hat"


20" x 20"
Oil and Newsprint on Canvas
$400

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

This painting took me a few days, as it had several steps, but I am so happy with the results. I wanted to combine the collage element I used several months ago with the painting technique I have used recently. I collaged several pieces of newsprint on to the canvas, allowing it to wrinkle and rip to give the whole piece an aged feel. I also taped off the edges so that I would have the border you often see on old photographs. I applied dark brown and white paint very loosely, wiping off large areas of it as I worked. The areas of white don't show up well in this photograph, but painting on the newsprint allowed the white areas to stand out against the neutral background.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: