Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"She Understood Her Best"


11 1/2"x 14 1/2"
Oil on Mat board
$150

To purchase, email me with the title in the subject line.

This piece came out of the way I typically start a painting. When I first start a piece, I use a very thin wash to lay in the entire painting. I rub out areas and make adjustments until I am happy with the layout. This process usually gives me a lot of "shadow" in the background which I then cover over with thicker layers of paint. In this piece, though, I really liked the shadows, so I left the background as a thin wash, and just added in thicker detail in the figures. I like the resulting juxtaposition of the figures against the almost dreamlike background.

If you missed the show this past weekend, those pieces have now been posted to my website gallery.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: